Waking up in Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
October 26th 2009
Published: December 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

My first trip to Vegas... in all my travel wishlists, Las Vegas never really featured, but over the past year I began thinking it could be fun 😊

When Southwest Vacations ran an awesome deal on airfare+hotel, Beth and I didn't even have to think twice. $250 for round trip airfare and 3 nights at the Mirage!! You can't beat that! Then we began the task of rounding up other people to come with, because with Vegas, the more the merrier! Candice and Jeremiah, our Texan friends, jumped on board right away. So did Mike - all you have to do is mention travel to him and he's there 😊 He brought along two friends- Mike 2 and John. Candice and Jeremiah convinced two more friends to come - Alex and Brett. I'd met both of them a couple times, because they're both on Beth, Candice and Jeremiah's ultimate frisbee team. My cousin, Becky was a last minute addition, and brought our group to 9.

We flew in early Monday morning, and Becky took the flight from Chicago that stopped in Denver for us to get on! When we arrived we went straight to the Mirage and were able to check in early -- the rooms had recently been remodeled and were pretty sweet!!! I don't think I've ever stayed in such a nice hotel. The resorts in Vegas remind me of a cruise ship, with everything imaginable to be found - bars, clubs, restaurants, shops, stores, pools, animals, and not to mention the casino!

After checking in, our first order of business when to find some drinks, of course 😊 So we headed to Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville. We stopped along the way at a couple of casinos for some cheap drinks, and I have to say my favorite part of Vegas might be how it's legal to carry your drinks while walking all around the Strip.

The rest of the week was a blur of casinos, shopping, lounging around the hot tub, bars, clubs, staying up all night and sleeping most of the day - in other words, everything Vegas is supposed to be!!!

I didn't take too many pics, but here's what I took. At the airport, heading home, we were already trying to plan our next Vegas adventure!! Maybe you'll come with? 😱


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Blush Nightclub at WynnBlush Nightclub at Wynn
Blush Nightclub at Wynn

(Photo from online)
CousinsCousins
Cousins

me and Becky on the Strip


25th December 2009

Looks Like a Blast
You took quite a few photos. Ilike all of them. You all look great in your costumes. Love, Dad

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 24; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb