LOVE (aka best night in Vegas. ever.)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
August 23rd 2009
Published: August 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

I don't even know how to begin to describe how amazing it was seeing LOVE. I guess I'll just start at the beginning and give it my best shot. Julia dropped Gloria and I off outside the Mirage a little after 5:30. We found the box office and picked up the tickets. They also gave us 2 tickets to the Revolution Lounge that included a drink special. Anywho, we had some time to kill so we wandered around Mirage for a bit. Spent some time watching people in the casino. AC, we stood by the craps tables for a bit. So confusing! We tried to figure out what all was going on but it was difficult. lol. Went to the bathroom before heading in, and let me just say, that was the nicest bathroom I think I have ever been in. It was GORGEOUS. hehe.

Here's the main point I need to get across about the show... it was probably the coolest show I have ever seen in my life. The ushers were dressed up in awesome costumes... guys wearing palace guard outfits (like St. Pepper) and girls just wearing a pretty sweet outfit. Our seats were in the back,
A little happy A little happy A little happy

(and this was before experiencing all the amazingness)
nearly as far back as they went. But it didn't matter. In fact, I think in many ways it is better being higher up.

To give you a little taste, here is a trailer for the show: http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/shows/love/default.aspx (at the top right, click where it says preview from the show. do high res if you can)

Now, I shall do my best to describe it:

Absolutely gorgeous visual depiction of Beatles music. Amazing remixing and combining of Beatles songs, surrounding everyone (speakers were everywhere, it was like the music was filling me). Spectacular costumes. Beautiful ballet dancing, awesome tap dancing, incredible mind-blowing break dancing. Crazy insane acrobatics (much trapeze stuff that didn't stop amazing me). Stunts that were so daring I found myself holding my breath, fearing that someone was going to get seriously injured. Amazing use of lights and props. R-diculous choreography, there is no other way to describe it. The choreographers are geniuses. Excellent incorporation of videos. So gorgeous and breath-taking that at times (especially the very end), I was nearly brought to tears.

The ballet dancing and use of props for While My Guitar Gently Weeps was awe-inspiring. The acrobatics in For The Benefit of Mr. Kite were nuts (the guy waaaaaaaay up in the air barely holding on, flipping over, doing insane stuff. its in the trailer a little). The costumes for Octopus's Garden were stunning. The trampoline stunts in Revolution were insane. The props and choreography for Here Comes the Sun were spectacular. The extreme roller skating in Help was mind-blowing.

And that is all just the tip of the iceberg. I could rave about this show for hours and hours probably. It was totally and completely worth the money. Cirque du Soleil is insanely amazing. Marvelous. Stupendous. The things they can do are insane! They did such justice to the Beatles. Which I think is extremely difficult to do. It surpassed my greatest expectations.

I left the theater simply giddy. Both Gloria and I were on such a high. We went in the little gift shop they had and that was overwhelming too. So much amazing stuff. Most of it, so much money. There was so much stuff we wanted. Somehow resisted. Decided I needed to see how I felt about it in a few days, after the high from seeing the show wears off (if that even ever happens). It is now over 24hours later and I am still seriously considering going back and getting something. I may wait til my internship is nearly over and assess my money situation. But yeah. Awesome stuff. From there were went to the Beatles Revolution Lounge, which was created by Cirque du Soleil. Without a doubt my favorite place in Vegas so far. Easily. Hands-down. The lighting in there was gorgeous. The whole design is awesome. The tables, you can touch them and designs will appear where you touch!! It is AWESOME! They have I think seven different patterns that can be used. The have videos of the beatles that appear on the tables (and ceiling) at times. You can write on surfaces and it will appear on parts of the wall. Amazing. And to top it off, the first hour we were there, they were playing all Beatles music! ahhhh! (it is a testament to how amazing their music is, that I can listen to it for nearly 2.5 hours straight and not get tired of it). Such happiness. Even when they switched to other music, it was still pretty great. Incredible finish to the night. We stayed there until just after midnight. As an added bonus, women get free drinks from 10-midnight. So we hardly payed for anything we drank. 😊 After leaving there we walked to a karaoke place I had found online. Sadly, it wasn't all that great. And they were almost ending the karaoke so we didnt even get to sing. We were going to sing Eleanor Rigby together. Sad. And then, Claire had already gone home (she was gonna maybe bring us back if timing worked out), so we had to take a taxi. Learned the hard way that 1) ATM fees are r-diculous and 2) the cab fare from the strip to our apartment (a maybe 15 or 20minute drive) is an insane $40. Even with that bummer of an ending, the night was still the best I have had here.

I am so so SO incredibly glad that we went to see a Cirque du Soleil show and that it was LOVE that we saw (although I am nearly positive that they are probably all incredible). And I plan on returning to the Revolution Lounge in the future. 😊

So there you have it. Incredible night. If anyone finds themselves in vegas and searching for something to do, go see LOVE (or at the least, one of the cirque du soleil shows). You won't be disappointed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb