Flagstaff to Las Vegas to San Fransisco-June 17th-19th


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
June 20th 2009
Published: June 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

OK, I'm in San Fransisco now, and I'm able to be on the computer in my hotel. Spent the 17th in Flagstaff again. In the morning went to a volcano and ruins near Flagstaff. Around noon I drove to Sedona. The drive wound through the Coccino forest which was really neat. Sedona was a lot like Estes Park x10. Grabed something to eat, walked around a little bit, and went back to Flagstaff. For the rest of the night in Flagstaff I did some reading and went to see a movie (Angels & Demons). Left for Las Vegas on the 18th. Stayed in a casino in the downtown area, which is a ways from the strip. At night I walked over to Freemont street, which is an outdoor mall. They have an electronic canopy overhead that they do a visual show. They played a couple of George Thorogood songs with a skeleton riding a motorocycle and such which was pretty cool. After that I started walking to the strip. I probably walked about 5 or 6 miles, but seeing all the casinos was pretty cool. There was neon everywhere and the buildings and grounds were huge. I walked out of the Treasure Island casino as they were doing a show set on a pirate ship. I felt the heat when they set off a huge fire bomb. I kept walking and saw a fountain show as I walked by the Belagio (?), which was pretty cool. I stopped and grabbed a pop at NY NY which had a mini version of Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty because I was tired after all that walking. Fortunate for me because I hit for $180 on the slots there. Got on the Deuce (bus) and rode it back to within a few blocks of my hotel. Chris, you didn't win, but I played your buck on a slot called Little Green Men, which I don't think you'd be able to find in Waterloo. I walked out of Vegas up $100, so that was nice. On the 19th I left Vegas for San Fransisco. Drove through the desert and had a long, hot sweaty ride. When I saw the Ocean I wanted to park the car and jump in. The weather is much cooler in San Fransisco. Right now I'm waiting for Amanda to arrive, but just heard that her flight is delayed a couple of hours. I might just have to go and walk around for a bit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



22nd June 2009

the good life!
Wow! I just think this is so exciting. I am trying to talk dad into making more vacation and being gone 2 weeks, but I don't think it is going to work. Vegas sounds good for once in a lifetime. You are really getting around! I just talked to Aunt and got phone number for washington and will call soon. Have a tornado warning--told dad--"get down int he basement! Get down in the basement!" Dad of course is running outside and looking at the sky. Hope you had fun in San Fran! HB, Love mom
22nd June 2009

Great!
Matt it just sounds so awesome! Glad you won in Vegas and hope Amanda arrived safely. Tha blogs are awesome as well as the pictures. I so hope you have gotten my other replies. Hey Matt!!!! Have a very Happy Birthday tommorrow and fun filled day! True blood is awesome and I couldn't tape tonight I will tommorrow as we had a tornado warning! Love ya and Love is..Bizz and all

Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb