Viva Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
January 9th 2006
Published: January 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So yes we arrived in Vegas after a flight that took us to phoenix first it wasnt too bad except we had forgotten that Vegas in in the US and we were travelling from a "foreign" country so need to go through immigration and needed to be in the airport insanely early so instead of getting the bus we had to make a mad dash and spend a fortune and get a taxi!!!!
We went to the grand canyon on the thursday an early start at 7am but it was so worth it there are many ways to describe the grand canyon some people even say it is just a big hole in the ground and isnt that special but when u have experianced it from the point of view of a native american you realise how awesome it actually is even if it is just a big hole!!! Our tour guide was a Navahoe indian who's name was Anderson he was so nice and an excellent tour guide we went to the west rim of the canyon via the hoover dam which was class.

We travelled through the joshua tree forest up a dirt track to the Hualapai indian reservation we were welcomed with traditional Indian Dancing and lunch then we were allowed to look around a traditional indian village which had examples of all the different types of builings indians live in as Anderson pointed out they dont all live in teepees lol. The great thing about the area we went to is that because it is an indian reservation it isnt owned by the USA so it isnt commercial and there are no barricades at the edge of the canyon so you can walk right up to the edge and look down 4500 feet which me and amanda did as soon as we got off the bus everyones else was a bit slower to make it right to the edge !! It was so amazing just to hear all Andersons stories about him and his family and how important mother earth and the canyon and all living things are to them, and should be important to everyone but most people just get caught up on modern day living. When we got back to the Hostel the plan was one beer and bed while waiting on our laundry it turned out to be a late night we met up with people form Australia.

The next day we moved to a motel just of the Strip near the MGM fir New Years. Well what can I say about the casinos .....they are amazing at night all the lights are so pretty however during the day it looses alot of its sparkle but that is what they want i guess then u can stay inside and gamble all day !!! New Years eve was crazy they closed the Strip off to traffic and u could walk anywhere u wanted there were so many people and I wish I was able to show you guys video on this thing because the video footage of the fireworks is amazing. All in all Las Vegas was great to visit but wouldnt want to live there or couldnt live there because I would be very very broke!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



12th January 2006

Looks class ladies. The photos are sweet, youse should get a job for lonely planet or fodors or something
25th January 2006

flamin Nora!
Ah,the Grand Canyon looks amazing. Glad to hear you are having a great time. All the best to the both of you for the next leg of the journey. Photos are all brill, Thanks you have a nack of making the rest of us jealous. Take care and lots of love, missin ya!!!!!!!

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb