Las Vegas/Grand Canyon


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
November 18th 2008
Published: November 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So we're in Las Vegas and more or less up to date! We're both sick, so we aren't enjoying ourselves quite as much as we should, but we've still got one more day here tomorrow when we hope to pay for our trip.

We're staying at the MGM Grand, apparently the world's biggest hotel. It is unbelievably big - and completely confusing. To get anywhere at all you have to go through the casino ... hmmm I wonder why that is?

We have been to the top of the Eiffel Tower, watched the Bellagio fountains a couple of times and found a very nice Italian restaurant.

Today we visited the Grand Canyon. We took 3 hours to get there, stopping along the way for a quick look at the Hoover Dam. We flew by helicopter down to the canyon floor and then cruised the Colorado River for 20 minutes or so. It was an amazing experience. Then we flew back up and had lunch at the romantically-named Guano Point, where the view was even more stunning. And the food was very good too. Then we had another 3 hour drive back to our hotel.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb