Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
October 20th 2008
Published: October 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

In true vegas style, our room was really dark and we had no idea what the time was. So after an extended lay-in, we decided to risk going to the downtown part of vegas to find food that we could actually afford. Luckily we had a very nice meal at a little mexican restaurant and got out alive. Fearing for our lives slightly, we headed back to the comfort of the main strip.

The afternoon was spent wandering around the 'posh' casinos (belaggio, mirage, etc) and finding some entertainment for the evening. It was decided that we would go and see 'cirque du soleil', Mystere; when in rome...

After a beer or two, we headed back to the room for a shower and change of clothes, before taking full advantage of the promotional drink offers which were coinciding with the NFL 'monday night football'. After a few beers and a small flutter on roulette, we went to the show. Having bought cheap seats, we were delighted to see the theatre not full, and as soon as the lights dimmed, dashed for the 'expensive seats'.

The show was truely amazing. I even heard Ollie say 'it was the most entertained he has ever been'. Maybe they should put that quote on their poster!

Feeling the night was still young, we decided to try and hit a club we had lined up all day. It was in the Mirage Casino and it turned out we were completely under-dressed. It turns out you can walk around all day like a slob in vegas, but the night time attractions are reserved for people who own a shirt and shoes. We do not!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1012.7kb