Flagstaff - Hoover Dam - Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
October 19th 2008
Published: October 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We got up early for the second morning running (a P.B. for the previous few months) and after stocking up on breakfast we headed west to Nevada. The first port of call was the Hoover Dam and when we arrived we were not quite as impressed as we thought we might be! Having said that, it was still an impressive structure and we were able to drive across the top ridge. Just to the north of the dam was the construction site for a new bypass. Infact, this was more interesting to us since the bridge was precariously hanging over the cliff face.

Las Vegas was only 30 miles from the Hoover Dam and we pushed on. We made a quick detour to Wendy's for an assortment of burgers and then hit "The Strip". Being the organised and responsible travellers that we are, we had already made a reservation at the exclusive 4-star New York New York. We arrived at 3pm, opted for the self-parking rather than Valet and checked in. Our room was the furthest point away from the car park but nevertheless we settled in after the long hike.

After a quick freshen up, we headed out onto The Strip. As we had 3 nights, we had decided that the first would be used as reconnaisance . We visited a few casinos, enjoyed some $1 drinks and generally took in the sights that Vegas had to offer. In the end we had an early night for Vegas standards!




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

New York New YorkNew York New York
New York New York

Our 4* accomodation for the stay!


Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0862s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb