Days 103 - 105, Viva Las Vegas!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
May 4th 2007
Published: May 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The strip!The strip!The strip!

Las Vegas Blvd.
Left LA very early on Friday 4th May to take the car back to the airport and get our flight to Vegas. Decided to fly to Vegas rather than drive as the flights were dead cheap and it only takes an hour.

Flew over the desert and was then dazzled by the bright lights that form the notorious Veags strip. We checked into our travelodge along the strip, great location near Paris and the MGM Grand.

A lot of the hotels have a theme in Vegas. They include: Paris, New York New York, the Luxor and the Venitian. Other big names include the Bellagio (with the dancing water fountains), Caesers Palace, MGM Grand, the Wynn and the stratosphere.

Vegas is unique and you take it for what it is. It is tacky but thats what it does well so you just have to embrace it!

On our first night we headed to an all you can eat buffet - so of course you have to stuff your face until you feel sick. In Vegas, jess and i seriously felt skinny compared to a lot of the locals so it was all good. We then hit the roulette tables were i had a quick lesson from Jess which must have been pretty good as we won $20 each so not bad for the first round. However, we decided to take our money and run and had delicious cocktails at Fizz bar in the Bellagio before we started to loose. People were betting serious money, the ATM even lets you take out up to $3000 a time!

We explored the strip and what all the hotels had to offer during the day in terms of themes, shops, bars, restaurants and gambling. The place is just simply massive.

At night we headed out to the strip which was all lit up and would watch the beautiful dancing water fountains outside the Bellagio.

On the last day we went up the Stratosphere tower and i decided to go on a ride called X - Scream which is on top of the 108 storey tower and it actually tips you off the edge of the building before dragging you back - what was i thinking?! Jess was much more sensible and held the bags and coats!

My favourite hotels had to be New York New York and the Bellagio. It was an excellent few days, Vegas has to be seen to be believed. It was great to spend time with Jess and catch up properly. Jess - everytime we see each other its like we haven't been apart! Thats a sign of a good friendship.

Andrew - as you can see the camera has served me well! Thank you! x x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

The stratosphereThe stratosphere
The stratosphere

108 storeys high!
What the hell am i doing?!What the hell am i doing?!
What the hell am i doing?!

The ride that tips you over the edge of the stratosphere.
The dancing fountainsThe dancing fountains
The dancing fountains

at the bellagio


10th May 2007

you have
turned american, this soppy mess sounds like Dawsons Creek!!! Ah where is your stiff upper lip when you are abroad, you must remember to be british. Your down to earth croc hunter won't stand for fake American Accents and Soppy sentiments! Jess need never know how much you eh..love her, it is simply unbritish! When she dies you should forever think how awful it was that you never told her!
11th May 2007

wow
You both look surgically enhanced on pic with green tops, or are you wearing those aqua bras? Fake boobs AND fake american accent, I can sense Andrew crying into his pint. He used to like you natural with muddy toes... Burgerfreak probably digs it though.

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0621s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb