Day 102, Los Angeles


Advertisement
Published: May 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we were booked on a LA city tour taking us to all the sights of LA, the celebrity hang outs and houses! I hadn't realised how massive LA is, there are so many different suburbs ranging from the ganglands downtown to Bel Air and Beverly Hills (90210!).

Our first stop on the tour was the chinese theatre, the walk of fame and the kodak theatre which Jess and i had seen yesterday, so we took a second look but spent most of the time back in the tacky souviner shops - oh my god the tack you can buy, only in America!

The next stop was back to the sign - we didn't get nearly as close as we did yesterday so Jess and i felt very smug!

Our tour guide was very knowledgable but also quite annoying in that american kind of way - he thought he was best friends with all the stars and kept name dropping i.e. "yeah man, i was hanging with Bruce Willis and we were chillin" - yeah right, so why are you now just a tour guide!

We went to downtown LA - i wanted to see where all the gangs were and get the DL (down low, my attempt at street talk!) on what goes on in gang culture. Unfortunatly, the gangs are so dangerous it is classed as 'unsafe' to enter their territory. bugger! But we saw where it all happens so we were probably close enough.

We headed to Santa Monica Blvd and Venice beach which was beautiful, then the canals of venice, a small house backing on to the canals goes for $5,000,000. After the beach we stopped at the school Grease the movie was filmed at (Rydel High!) and then headed to Beverly Hills and Bel Air where the tour really began!

This is where all the celebrity homes are - saw Tom and Katies, Britneys, Arnies, Courtney Cox's, Nicholas Cages, the Playboy mansion, the fresh prince of Bel Air house, Madonnas, Nicole Kidmans................. etc, etc. You get the idea! Saw them all close up and got some good photos but no celeb spotting.

Headed to Rodeo Drive (the place to shop if your'e rich) and finished on Sunset Strip (the place to party). In the evening, Jess and i headed back to sunsetstrip for dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The sign again.The sign again.
The sign again.

See, nowhere near as close as we got yesterday!
Rydel High!Rydel High!
Rydel High!

From the all time classic - Grease!
Rodeo DriveRodeo Drive
Rodeo Drive

The big building in the background is a hotel which they used to film Pretty Woman.


10th May 2007

hmmmmmmmm
Have you been abducted by aliens? Bet you have, coz you sound different.(Not a fake American accent already?!?) And the blog is late, but in a different way than in oz. Some green creature is sitting there trying to write a blog so your friends and family don't get suspicious.... Well I am! Not like Lucy at all, she would not have had the sense to stay out of gangland but would have gullibly partied hard with 50 Cent and Snoopy Dog and Busta Rhymes. Something is very wrong here...Anyway, can I announce to the world my delight in Stupid Paris Hilton's prison service? OKY, well I am damn pleased. She might blow well, but she is also Bloody annoying and has gotten away with too much that other less rich people would have been locked up for for tooooooooo long! A bit like sweaty cheese face Doherty and his no brain moss girlfriend. W**kers.

Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0775s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb