Super Bowl Food Consumption


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
February 7th 2024
Published: February 7th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Hopefully, I will be at the BIG game on Sunday. If not, I plan to have dim sum for "brunch" that morning, then hang out in a sports bar somewhere in Vegas. But I think you should have an idea what the rest of the country will be eating on Super Sunday. This is the second biggest food holiday, exceeded only by Thanksgiving. Pizza reigns supreme as the top snack for the Super Bowl. It’s the reason behind the enormous number of delivery orders on this Sunday. Approximately one out of every seven people orders in on Super Bowl Sunday, and the majority of those orders include at least one sausage pizza (with sausage being the third most popular pizza topping overall).


Chicken wings take the second spot. According to the National Chicken Council (yes, that’s a thing), Americans consume more than 100 million pounds of chicken wings on Super Bowl Sunday alone. That’s over 1.25 billion individual wings! And when it comes to dipping sauces, more than half of wing enthusiasts choose ranch dressing.


Finger foods and dippable snacks are a hit on Super Bowl Sunday. While chopped vegetables and ranch dressing are always popular, the irresistible potato chip steals the show. People munch down on over 11.2 million pounds of potato chips during the game. Tortilla chips follow closely with 8.2 million pounds, perfect for all that guacamole and salsa. And speaking of guac, folks devour more than 8 million pounds of it on the football holiday—that’s a LOT of avocados!


The big game day calls for firing up the grill, making it the second-biggest grilling week of the year, right after July 4. Hungry football fans across the nation are estimated to devour more than 14 billion grilled hamburgers. And it’s not just backyard grilling—fans in the stadium need to eat too! In 2014, stadiums served up 21,500 hot dogs and 20,000 sausages, along with soda, coffee, and, of course, pizza (using a whopping 500 gallons of marinara sauce).


If you want to offer snacks, popcorn and nuts should be your go-to options. This is because 3.8 million pounds of popcorn and 2.5 million pounds of nuts are eaten during the game. They are great for guests or customers to snack on while waiting for meals to be cooked or take out to arrive.


During Super Bowl weekend, football fans will drink about 325.5 million gallons of beer, equating to 50 million cases. Beer cases cost up to $10.8 billion and are enough liquid to fill an Olympic-sized pool almost 2,000 times. But not everyone drinks beer during the big game. People spend $2.37 million on soda, showing that soda is another popular Super Bowl beverage.


Americans are forecast to spend $17.3 billion for Super Bowl food, drinks, decorations, and apparel. That amounts to $86 per person. The game itself will bring $500 million to Las Vegas!


The most expensive Super Bowl ad was Amazon's Alexa and Google's Loretta in 2022, tied at $16.8 million!


Whatever you do, please help cheer our Forty Niners on to victory!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb