Arrived!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Lake Tahoe
January 16th 2009
Published: January 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Zephyr Cove



We arrived today at about 11:30am after landing at Los Angeles at 2pm yesterday.

The flight went well and we made up an hour, then nat got detained for 'secondary questioning' at the US Passport Control, something to do with her bright pink fleece and dodgy student visa from a few years back!

Anyhow we picked up the shuttle bus to pick up our rental car (Jeep Cherokee) and headed out of a sweltering LA 85 Farenheit! Although I thought the traffic in the UK was bad this was worse with 10 lanes moving at 5 mph for 1.5 hours!

We finally got some decent road once we past Palmdale and headed out into the Mojave (via a stop off at Taco Bell) to sample the authentic local cuisine.

Our journey continued north on Highway 395 to a town called Lone Pine to stay overnight, the hotel was quite quirky and was where all the hollywood film crews used to stay in the golden era of the Wild West Movies.

We woke up bright and early at 5.30am and were on the road at 6.30 on our way to Bishop for breakfast, which was supposed to be a healthy mix of fruit but as the supermarkets were closed it turned into a McD's. So I can now confidently say the McMuffin in the USA is nigh on identical to the one in the UK, I knew this trip would be educational.

The 4 hour drive went by so quickly, mostly because of the scenery, we hadn't really seen any of the mountains the previous night they were just a dark shadow to the right, but the next day they were lit up by the sunlight and were very impressive.

So here we are at Zephyr Cove, having unpacked, filled the fridge (US food not cheap!), and picked up a $100 iMac bargain of the century!...... been down to the the resort to check it out and now raring to get on the slopes tomorrow morning.

Next installment from us tomorrow evening hopefully.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



17th January 2009

Sounds like a good start guys! maz x
17th January 2009

looks great!
phew you weren't expecting hot at la was you? glad you arrived safely, hope snowis good. lookforward to your next posting. xxxxxx
17th January 2009

Three cheers on safe arrival
Amazed at modern technology! Very pleased to hear from you both. Pictures clear, and hope you receive this piece of wizardry ok. Am off to Herbie 100th birthday party. God bless you both, and be careful. Love Grandad XXX.
17th January 2009

Enjoy
Wow, cant believe you are there already, I am so jealous. Sounds like you are having a good time and it is only just beginning. xxx
18th January 2009

it looks amazing!!
hi guys, glad you arrived safe, sounds so good, enjoy xxxxxxx
18th January 2009

Sounding cool already
I like the sound of your pink fleece, obviously the customs had no style xxxx
18th January 2009

Enjoy yourselves
Glad to hear you arrived safely, enjoy yourselves and look forward to receiving next blog. xxxx
19th January 2009

Glad you have arrived safely
Where did you put my razor? V55 arrived, 350z enjoying cosy hibernation.
21st January 2009

razor
did you find the razor?

Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb