Ironbutt run


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana
June 5th 2009
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 48.3858, -114.06

Lets start from the beginning. We left Sacramento on Monday morning at 8:00 AM. We drove all the way to Boise , Idaho. Thats 550 miles. Alot of freeway at first then some nice two lane roads in Idaho. We arrived around 6:00PM. That was a long day. We had dinner and a couple of beers and went to bed. The next morning we left for Le Grande, Oregon, which is where Stacy's family is from. Her grandparents are buried there. We had lunch in town and looked around for a while. She wanted to visit the gravesites and we went to City Hall. They sent us to the records clerk, who printed out a copy of Stacy's parents marriage certificate. She sent us to a cemetary in town and a very nice lady there found where they were buried and gave us a map. There were also about 6 other Koffords buried nearby, so we took pics of the headstones for Stacy's cousin, Linda. After that we drove to Wallowa Lake and stayed at the Wallowa Lake Lodge for 2 nights. We took the tram up to the top of the mountain and got some great views.
On Thursday morning, we left and drove 500 miles to Hungry Horse, Montana. Whta a long drive! At first it was raining pretty hard. Then we hit road construction twice and lost about an hour and a half. We didn't arrive until 7:00PM. It is a beautiful spot. Tomorrow we head on over to Glacier National Park. Some disappointing news though, the Going-to-the-sun highway is not open yet! They had a 100 year avalanche and the road will not be open until July. Oh well, we can drive up 16 miles of the road on the west side and 10 miles of it on the east side. Pics will follow soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Stacy at Avalanche LakeStacy at Avalanche Lake
Stacy at Avalanche Lake

a 2 mile hike each way. Up hill in both directions (?), complaining all the way.


6th June 2009

Ah!! Retirement! Your doing retirement right. Looks like your having a great time. Nice pictures!
6th June 2009

Have Fun Just think how much DRIVING fun it would have been in the BOXTER, but you might not been able to get Stacy out of the car.Pictures are great keep them coming. We would love to do waht your doing, maybe later. Have fun and enjoy.

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0203s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb