TRIP TO MONTANA 2015 - GLACIER NATIONAL PARK


Advertisement
Published: June 11th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Our third day in Montana, we dedicated to visiting Glacier National Park.

We started the day by going to breakfast at Echo Lake Café, a nearby roadside restaurant that specialized in the most amazing Breakfast Burrito I've ever had. An enormous flour tortilla filled with scrambled eggs, jack cheese, sautéed mushrooms, green peppers, onions, homemade Chorizo, tomatoes and black olives. They topped it with ranchero sauce and sour cream! Add to that home-fried potatoes. Needless to say, we ended up with to go boxes for a good portion of the meal!

Afterwards, we made our way to the park, which met all our expectations as far as beautiful and spectacular views.

We took the fabled Going-to-the-Sun Road, an incredible piece of engineering that took us through amazing views, steadily climbing to cross the Continental Divide. Unfortunately, the day progressively got more overcast as time passed so that by the time we arrived at the Logan Pass Visitor Center, the clouds had moved in and we were deprived of enjoying the full spectacle below us. However, we could see enough as we climbed of the stunning going to the sun mountain to be mesmerized along the way.

One sad aspect of our visit was driving through the area that had been damaged through wild fires earlier in the year. It was quite extensive, and it will take a very long time to recover its prior beauty.

However, the various waterfalls and Lake McDonald and Saint Mary Lake's incredible vistas along the way still made the experience thoroughly unforgettable.


Additional photos below
Photos: 52, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb