TRIP TO MONTANA 2015 - FLATHEAD LAKE


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Bigfork
September 5th 2015
Published: June 11th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Our next stop in Montana was a wonderful drive around Flathead Lake.

Before the day's outing, we started our morning with a different hiking destination. Again, a short climb through the backyard, brought us to the main trail inside the Flathead National Forest, and then we found our way to Peterson Creek. It seemed that our destinations grew prettier every day, and this particular hike was memorable for its wild, untouched beauty.

If my sixth sense was working, I believe we were being observed from the forest by one of the bears that my friend mentioned seeing around his property in the past. I kept having that feeling of being watched. It was comforting being told that it was very unlikely that a bear would seek a confrontation, and would likely try its best to avoid us.

Then, onwards for our drive around the lake, with stops at some of the small towns, like Somers, and parks, like Finley Point State Park, for beautiful views along the way.

There were many interesting sights, and I was surprised at how in some prime real estate along the way the dwellings varied between luxury and mere shacks.

It was very windy during this end of summer time, and I wondered how long the swimming and boating opportunities last.

It was one of my favorite excursions in the area.


Additional photos below
Photos: 65, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0763s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb