Horseback Riding


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Montana » Big Sky
June 30th 2013
Published: June 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 45.2855, -111.306

This morning we woke up tarped in from the afternoon rain. It never did rain again, but the wrap up did provide a humid environment. We packed up the camp early then made our way to coffee and breakfast bisquit at the local Conoco Station. Delicioso! Then to Moonlight Corral for riding time. We had a great scenic ride through the mountains. A marmot and chipmunks were about the only wildlife seen. Apparently wolves came through recently and scared the wildlife back into the woods.
Big sky sounds like an awesome place to ski, based on the locals reports.
We checked out the lodge then headed down to lunch at the Wrap Shack.
Limited on money and activity, we ditched Big Sky for Mammoth Springs. I have been neglectful describing the sites at Yellowstone. That's because they don't appear to be from this planet. It's amazing how quickly the terrain changes here. We stopped part way through our drive for a break and quick cribbage game. Well, a Bison/Buffalo decided to have his grass lunch near our table. Very cool, but an exit plan was always in place. I won , by the way.
On our way again, we had dinner
Joining us for lunchJoining us for lunchJoining us for lunch

That's our stuff on the table
and games of pool to see who would blow up the air mattresses. Lets just say I didn't have to work so hard at camp.
I learned even in the middle of nowhere, I can get in an argument with a guy. He wouldn't share a common bear box so we could avoid attracting bears to the area. So, I, of course, told him I would toss everything towards his camp tonight. 😊
So, with moths on my iPod screen, I go to sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

FirestarterFirestarter
Firestarter

He made the fire without a lighter or matches.


3rd July 2013

He must have been a winghouse girl in his previous life to argue with you like that!
5th July 2013

Omg!!! That is so awesome!! Wow, you guys were reallllly close!

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb