St. Louis


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Missouri
October 22nd 2010
Published: October 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hellooooo blog followers 😊

Today was a great...another PERFECT weather day - sunny & warm! Korina and I got to St. Louis around 2:45 (we actually passed through a time zone so we gained an hour) and headed downtown to see the famous Gateway Arch. It was SO much bigger than we thought it would be; it is 630 feet high - the tallest monument in the United States! We were so excited because we wanted to take a tram all the way to the top of the arch, but they SOLD OUT of tickets!!!!!!!! I can't even tell you how bummed we were 😞. Under the arch there was a museum dedicated to the U.S Western Expansion (kind of random), so we checked that out for a bit and then walked along the Mississippi river before grabbing a beer at one of the local restaurants. We were craving some Italian for dinner so we went to the Old Spaghetti Factory - sooooooo delicious! All in all St. Louis is a pretty city; it's smaller than we thought but it definitely is cute and has some character. It's nice that it sits right next to the river, and I'm so glad that we can both say that we've seen the arch up close, because it truly is amazing to see. Well, we are off to bed soon - tomorrow will be the longest day of driving...14 hours to Colorado Springs to see our friend Hadley from the Old Ferry Landing! Denver on Saturday!!! Goodnight everyone.

-Jenn


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



22nd October 2010

Love the blog and pics. Aren't you so glad you actually went instead of just talking about it? Uncle Steve's cousin lives in Nederland Co. above Boulder. If you get in a pickle let me know and I'll give you their #, Jill and Wayne are awesome. Pip and Jeff stayed w/ them a couple nights after their honeymoon. Have a blast, be safe and take lots of pics. miss u.xoxo

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb