Rain Drops and Arches


Advertisement
Published: July 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We drove south to Kansas City, then east on I-70. We were in and out of the rain, none of the storms lasting more than 15 or 20 minutes.

We debated whether to stop in St. Louis and visit the arch, finally deciding we would. We stopped first at Casino Queen RV Park and set up the camper. We then drove back to across the bridge to the Arch Park. Inside, the security was like being at the airport; everything into a plastic bin, including belts, watches, and contents of pockets. Kerry bought our tickets for the tram ride to the top while I browsed the book store. He rushed me out as he had tickets for 5:00 and it was 4:57. We ended up standing in line for close to 20 minutes before squeezing into the tram car with 3 other people. At the top we took pictures of the Mississippi River, our campground across the river, and downtown St. Louis. Pretty neat, but really crowded. We had 5 large people in our tram car going down, too.

After leaving the arch, we went back to the campground, taking pictures along the way. Gena and Bob weren’t back
RainRainRain

on I-70 in Missouri
yet, so we left them a note and went over to the casino for supper. They put out a very nice buffet and we ate way too much. Then we played the penny slots for a little while. Then back to the camper. Gena and Bob stopped by for a little while and we said good-bye again.

I’m glad we decided to come. I had never seen the arch and was quite impressed.

Tomorrow home.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Mississippi RiverMississippi River
Mississippi River

at St. Louis
Downtown St. LouisDowntown St. Louis
Downtown St. Louis

from the top of the arch
Old CourthouseOld Courthouse
Old Courthouse

from the top of the arch
Busch StadiumBusch Stadium
Busch Stadium

from the top of the arch
ArchArch
Arch

from entrance to campground in E. St. Louis
Arch and flowersArch and flowers
Arch and flowers

from campground


8th July 2010

Arch
FYI: John and I both worked at the Arch in the mid 1970's and that's where we met. Just imagine me up at the top giving tours and programs. I also did numerous educational programs in the Museum. Knew a little bit about lots of things. Glad you enjoyed. We have some amazing stories about the "inside" secrets. It will be nice to be home . . .

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0159s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb