Marquette Tourist Park, MI · White Street Falls, MI


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan
June 2nd 2022
Published: June 3rd 2022
Edit Blog Post

This morning the camp host came to visit us, he brought Nate a few Yooperlite rocks, Nate vowed not to take credit for them. The host was so funny and kind, he was like you can go ahead and take credit. Truly this was so thoughtful and nice of this host and I know Nate really appreciated being able to take a few Yooperlite rocks home. We drove to Marquette today and are staying at Marquette Tourist Park. The campground is on located on Dead River. We opted to stay off the river so that we could have full hookups which has been rare during this trip unlike in Florida. It's been over 2 weeks since we've had a site with water hookup far less sewer. I'm looking forward to the long shower tonight and not hearing the water pump kick on at 2:00 a.m. when someone goes to the bathroom. Nate is happy because he is seeing his tiny chipmunks again. The squirrels are very large some look like fox squirrels they are darker in color with some white on their face.

After driving around to pick out a site and getting set up at a site where our electric cord would reach the electric, we headed out to view our first waterfall of the day, White Street Falls. This fall was right off the main road and a short walk but left you feeling like you were far out in the woods. The fall was small in size but had a unique aqueduct running over it. Nate seemed more interested in looking at the wooden aqueduct and Daisy in the graffiti on the bridge and aqueduct. We left here and headed to Black River Falls. We hiked up a very steep long path of granite rocks and went into the forest. We found the stream and some cascades but never could find the waterfall though we did find a great deal of bugs that were biting through our bug repellent and clothes, so we ran out of there quickly.

We finally got to eat at a chain restaurant, Buffalo Wild Wings and it was B1G1, Nate fucked up and ordered too hot for all of us, so he has leftover wings to eat. Then we went and did laundry for the rest of the evening. We washed everything the same as at the first laundromat that we went to except we had twice as much laundry this time. Somehow all our soft sleepy clothes and Daisy’s blanket got singed on the low heat. ?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb