Canyon Falls, MI · Powerhouse Falls, MI · Middle Falls, MI


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan
June 1st 2022
Published: June 2nd 2022
Edit Blog Post

Daisy needed a day to herself so after finishing up my work Nate and I went to a few local waterfalls. The most impressive waterfall was Canyon Falls just a short 15 minute drive from our campsite. We enjoyed the hike along the cascades and past the fall along the gorge edge. The water appeared to only be a couple inches deep at points but moved with such power it would sweep you off your feet if you attempted to cross. After this we went to Powerhouse Falls, no hiking required. It was located beside the old powerhouse; it was small but beautiful. The last fall we visited today was Middle Falls right up from the town park almost hidden if not seeing the sign for we had to hike alongside the power station which was busy and in full operation so seemed a little odd but sure enough it was just a couple yards off the path. This was a very small fall, but to me they are all pretty. Appeared to be a good spot for local fishermen, many of them had stringers of trout.

We stopped off at the local IGA to purchase some hand soap and water to leave in the truck. This will make the outdoor experience so much better plus Nate can use it for washing up after dumping the travel trailer instead of having to unlock the trailer and climb inside. I wish someone would have recommended this to me, so hope this helps a fellow outdoor explorer. Clean hands just make it so much better; I hate using the antibacterial wipes. I never feel clean, and they dry my hands out. We went back early today to enjoy our view and allow me to catch up on some work and sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.266s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 36; dbt: 0.1607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb