L'Anse Township Park, MI


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan
May 30th 2022
Published: May 31st 2022
Edit Blog Post

We took a short drive to our next campsite, L'Anse Township Park. Upon arriving the hosts came to assist us in finding a campsite. They were so welcoming and provided lots of great information on the area. The campground is located on a hill above Keweenaw Bay off Lake Superior. At arrival the campground was showing 66°, the host explained that down the hill in town the temperature is typically 20° warmer. We planned to go hiking today but could not bear to leave the view. It was so relaxing sitting on the swing, listening to the birds, and feeling the cool breeze on our skin.

After a while we needed some activity so Nate, the doggies, and I went down to the beach below our campground. Nate searched for rocks while the doggies and I wandered around. Leaving Daisy to some much-needed alone time. Later in the day, well after 9 pm, we all returned to the beach to enjoy the sunset. I know I mentioned this before, but the days up here are so much longer than at home. After dark Daisy and Nate took the UV light to the beach to search for Yooperlite, unfortunately they had no luck. God granted us with a beautiful, relaxing Memorial Day leaving us refreshed and ready to explore Quincy Mine tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb