Boondocking in Paradise!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan » Paradise
September 3rd 2022
Published: February 9th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Due to a scheduling error on our part, we boondocked at this popular ATV trailhead for two nights. It is located about one mile from the main road. The access road is rough dirt and sand. A bridge sign restricted vehicles over 3 tons per axle (our RV is over 5 tons per axle) from passing but there was no way to turn around. Oops! Lois woke early and saw the Northern Lights around 4am. Mike was glad we didn’t get stuck in the sand or damage the bridge.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

ATVsATVs
ATVs

The view out the RV windshield when we arrived at the boondocking location. We saw a variety of ATV vehicles and towing set-ups. Looks like so much fun, but be ready to get dirty!
BoondockingBoondocking
Boondocking

The soil in this area was very sandy. Fortunately, not deep and Milo and Mazie handled it without a problem. Lots of tire tracks from the ATVs.
HikeHike
Hike

We enjoyed taking a hike around this dispersed camping spot. It was quiet until the ATV folks rolled in around 1PM.
Off the beaten pathOff the beaten path
Off the beaten path

Took a hike down the road. Lots of woods and a few folks on ATVs passed by. A lovely sunny day to be outdoors.


Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb