Millcreek and Mackinac

Published: July 31st 2018
Edit Blog Post

Day two, Millcreek Campground, I slept pretty well though I got hot in the middle of the night. Apparently, I was the only one. We have air but the night was cool. Hot flashes maybe. I quietly made coffee, grabbed a blueberry muffin and took the dogs out. I made a fire and enjoyed the quiet morning. Everyone roused and Paul through some bacon in the paella pan and some eggs in the bacon grease.

Our plan was to take a ferry to Mackinac with our bikes and ride the 8 mile loop (Detroiter do 8 miles). We were contemplating taking thee dogs but it just didn’t work in their favor transport wise. The dogs stayed behind which was far less stressful for them. We took a shuttle to the ferry which was only a few miles. It wasn’t cheap at $160 for all of us and our bikes. Like my dad always used to say, “Big rip of the North.” The truth only is revealed after you have kids. We got cross, hopped on our bikes and away we went. What a great rIde. It is gorgeous all along the water. We stopped every so often when the crystal clear water drew us in. The day was perfect. Blue skies, cool breeze, warm sun and no one was complaining. Everyone was enjoying themselves. Halfway around, we stopped for a treat. Milkshakes, fries and sweet potato bites and a wee tick on Elizabeth‘s shirt. I don’t care for them. Ticks not fries. As we were riding around the island, we got so confused by the location of the Bridge. One minute we are taking a picture of it off to our left and the next it was off to our right. Still not certain what I was seeing.

When we finished back in town, the boys headed for the putt-putt golf and Biddy and I had to make sure Starbuck’s was up to standard on the island. Oh and they all got fudge. Biddy and I rode down Main Street balancing out cups as we rode to meet the boys at golf. She and I got a table at the restaurant connected to the golf.We sat under bright yellow umbrellas overlooking golf and the water. I had some gazpacho and Biddy had a green salad. When the boys got done, Paul and I had mussels and the boys had sliders. Really nice day. The dogs were happy to see us when we got back. Mango was a little irked and ripped up part of my LaCroix box. He never chews anything.

Paul cheffed up a little salmon, potatoes, peppers and broccoli in the paella pan over the fire again. DDEEEELLLIOUS. We bon fired again. What great day. We lesve for Leelanau tomorrow. Oh and I figured out why it was so crowded the first day. It was Saturday and the weekend. Sunday, it was so quiet. Lovely.

Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.086s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb