A long day's drive


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
July 31st 2008
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 42.3585, -71.0596

Today was spent in the car. We left Quebec about 9am and headed off on Highway 73 south to Maine. The day was warm and sunny and the going was pretty good. We stopped about 10-30am in St Georges for brunch and then crossed the USA border into Maine. We drove through the Appalachian Mountains. There were Pine trees, Lakes and grazing fields. We followed Highway 95 down towards Boston taking it in turns to drive. As we approached Boston we followed the road into the city centre but soon realised that there were few motels here. We drove out towards the airport thinking that there might be hotels near ther. Logan airport is not far away. However, there were only the expensive chains there. We were told that a little further on we might find something. We stumbled upon the Holiday Inn, very close to the airport from which we have to leave on Saturday.
We booked in for 3 nights. The hotel has a shuttle bus that will take us to the subway at the airport and we can go from there into the city.
Tonight the shuttle bus took us into the nearby suburb of East Boston to a nice Italian restaurant, Carmen's Kitchen. we had a great meal there and returned to the hotel for an early night.
I will add some photos from previous days to this as there were no photos today!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb