For King and Country - Not


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
October 18th 2010
Published: October 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello again

Time to catch up and sign off on the coach trip - which is now over. Boston tonight and the Big Apple tomorrow on Amtrak (for a bit of a change).

The last two days saw us recover from the blast of winter in Lake Placid - and return to the more normal weather for the balance of the trip.

More small towns - Stockbridge and the Norman Rockwell Museum. Very nice work - if you are not sure, google it. We also took in Saratoga Springs - of horse racing fame, and Albany - the New York capital - before crossing back into Massachusetts - spending the night at the Sheraton in Springfield - the State cpital.

Today we took in more early American history at Lexington and Conord - highlighting the (last) exploits of Paul Revere.

All interesting stuff and set in delightful rural towns that still hold some resemblance to those earlier times.

We said goodbye to the other travellers on the bus as they disperse to all points of the globe. Now (at last) we get to do our own thing at our own pace.

Photos today pick up most aspects of the items discussed - and we shall catch up from NY when we get the chance. We figure on being pretty busy.

All the best

Chris and Ian


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0659s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb