Global warming and other bunkum!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Adirondacks » Lake Placid
October 15th 2010
Published: October 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

More evidence of 'Global Warming'.

Todays Autumn Colours tour was temorarily disbanded because of rain and snow. Unseasonal here just as it was when we were in Tokyo in April and even in Melbourne as we speak...

Believe the nonsense if you like.

Anyway, it was another interesting day for us - and a lot of fun. We are now comfortably in our room at Lake Placid. A stopover at Fort Ticonderoga was fascinating albeit cut short meterologically. This is where the French took on the Brits and won temporarily in a rout apparently.

We didnt see as much as we might have but it was good. We were meant to do a cruise on Lake Placid and a tour up the Olympic ski-jump tower but it was all cancelled and instead we drove around and got as close as we could.

Arriving 2 hours before check-in we were left to our own devices despite the sleet outside.

Chris and I found a great Pizza place where a 16"pizza was $18 and magnificent and the Chardy and Bud were both well priced also. All while watching the largest snow flakes we have ever seen fill the streets of this town.

Our planned hike around the lake is scrapped but it is beautifully different. Needed to be careful on the way back to the bus with a skinful.

Light dinner tonight tho.......

Anyway, some pics and bye for now
- still thoroughly enjoying ourselves


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



16th October 2010

Hmm, maybe it is cold over there!
Well, i didnt think it would be possible to be colder anywhere than Melbourne right now, but seemingly that not true.. Well, at least the economy is working nicely in your favour. Hello, dollar for dollar!!! Buy us some bank stocks while you're over there.. Aint gunna last forever!!! ;)
18th October 2010

G'day to you both, looks like you have gone from autumn to winter overnight. Mind you, we have gone from late spring to winter also. The photos are beautiful, please keep them coming. It is great to see you both in them and having a ball. lol, Mer xxxxxxxxx
22nd October 2010

Melbourne weather.
Don,t come home in a hurry, we have had dreadful weather here as well. At least, you are throwing snowballs!! Snow always looks and feels terrific the first few days. The photos are verygood and I am sure, you are enjoing yourself. The dollar is in your favour as well, you might want to stay a little bit longer or Chris you might want to buy a new outfit!! greetings, Anna..

Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1016s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb