Its up to You ...............


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
October 20th 2010
Published: October 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well 2 days to catch up on.

Second stay in Boston was fine and the Amtrak train to NY worked like clockwork - and it was a nice journey thru Mass, Rhode Island, Connecticut and New York. More Autumnal colours all the way - and lots of coastline with huge and well stocked boat harbours. Not sure where this recession is hitting here - but it aint in New England.

Checked into the Tutu centre with the news that we had been upgraded which was nice - but we are still on 10th Avenue - which is not nice. Anyway, appropriate pharmacology ensured 8 hrs of restful sleep ready to take on the full day of tourism today.

First impressions of NY were not good yesterday so we didn’t do a blog. Better to wait until another day. We walked to Little Italy, Chinatown, and the Flatiron district and to be honest, we were a bit underwhelmed.

Today was great from start to now - with 3 hop on hop off bus journeys that took in uptown, downtown and Time Square. Full day by any measure with a trip on the Staten Island ferry across and back - taking in the Statue of Liberty and the Manhattan skyline sans the World Trade Centre. We then visited the World Trade Centre construction site - but it is really just that.

I love the buildings BTW. I’m amazed at the detail of some of these older buildings. Also saw the Dakota Building - I’ll let the uninformed Google that.

Still a few things to cross off the list and we will attack those over the next few days - along with some washing - we found a Laundromat only a block away……..

Fully into touring mode now and loving it. NY feels safe and we walked all the way back from Time Square to Chelsea tonight. The Police presence gives you a lot of confidence. Great Vietnamese meal to top off the day. Sadly, we note that the dollar has slipped back a cent or so, but overall, no complaints.

Meantime, some piccies to go along with.

Anyway enough for now. Will write again later
Cheers





Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



20th October 2010

Picturesque and beautiful!
Hi Chris and Ian, I have just caught up on all your travel and it seems you are having a great time. The pictures are great and there certainly are some beautiful parts of America. It's a pity that some of the trip was cancelled because of the whether but the snow seems womderful. New York sounds interesting and seems such a remarkable city. Cheers Pete
21st October 2010

Hi you two lucky ducks, I am at home as usual, travelling vicariously through my " rellies ". You look like your having a great time, keep up the blog so I can travel some more. Doug
24th October 2010

lovin the blog
Nawww, so jealous, oh how i'd love to be back in the NYC! Interested to hear what happened on ur first day! Dont forget to check ou the Alice in Wonderland Statue and the Hans Christian Anderson statue in central park when u check out the strawberry fields one (which im sure is on ur list already!)

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0654s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb