Funny place this


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
October 21st 2010
Published: October 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Another good day of travel - although the pace is hitting and we were back in the room by 5 with sundowners. Walk to Madison Square Garden to catch the bus down to the Native Indian Museum (very good), then joined 4 or 5 thousand of our closest friends for a very overrated and noisy walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. Lunch in Brooklyn then our first attempt (ultimately successful) at the subway system to get us all the way up to Central Park.

Now Central Park is huge - and reasonably quiet compared to the rest of Manhattan, but not exactly manicured and not at all a peaceful stroll as one might hope for. We figure the same number of people were in the park for the day as crossed the bridge!

Idiots on Bikes as in Melbourne weaving all about the place (even tho they have dedicated lanes) and an abundance of young women whose job is apparently to fill in any possible enjoyable silence with screeching nonsense of various sorts. Ah well, an hour or so of that was enough for these weary travellers. Abounding with confidence (and completely knackered), we again tackled the subway and saved (sucessfully) a 4 or 5 km walk along the less than peaceful 5th Avenue et al.

Dinner was in the local Diner and was great - and too much. Cost $31 and Chris had fish and chips and I had Turkey Meat Loaf ( still cutting back on the fat), with jacket potato and cauli. Before that - and they were huge serves anyway, we each got a bowl of creme of Broccoli soup with bread supply you couldnt jump over, then followed by a massive salad each with dressing of choice. We both ate all of our soup and left various amounts of the other courses.

Chris than wanted to go to the local drug store where she saw a paperback she wanted (now currently reading) which she bought for $9.99. Such things are great value here.

While in there, I had the pleasure of having my nether regions sniffed by a black fluffy dog while deciding on food to buy - then attacked by two young girls on scooters - all in the supermarket section.

Cant imagine either in Safeway.

Funny place this..........

Some pix from the day attached.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

IMGP4576IMGP4576
IMGP4576

He sneezed at the critical moment!


Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb