Was it one if by sea or two if by sea - crap I don't remember! - (Paul Revere's backup rider)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
September 26th 2017
Published: October 4th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Boston Harbor and were able to tie up at a cruise terminal, yea no tendering! We had signed up for the Freedom Trail walking tour of Boston. Our walking tour started with a (long) bus ride to begin our tour at Boston Commons where we started the Freedom Trail tour. I remember doing the tour from our trip to the coast in 1968. It would be interesting to find my dad's slides he took from that trip and compare how Boston has changed in 49 years! We (now) covered lots of historic sights included a graveyard where Samuel Adams, John Hancock and Paul Revere are buried. We continued the trail to Paul Revere’s house and his statue just outside the Old North Church. We got to go inside the church and hear the story of Paul Revere’s ride. It was interesting to see the box seats that wealthy families would purchase and decorate. It was great to see the sights again. I wish we could have made it to Lexington and Concord battlefield, but not enough time in the day. We looked around Boston a bit after the tour then headed back to the ship for nap and dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Sam Adams' graveSam Adams' grave
Sam Adams' grave

The pub across the street serves Sam Adams beer. There slogan - "Have a cold Sam Adams while viewing a cold Sam Adams!" - catchy
Box pews in the Old North ChurchBox pews in the Old North Church
Box pews in the Old North Church

I would decorate mine with a big screen TV and leather chairs


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb