No Bars in Bar Harbor


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine » Bar Harbor
September 27th 2017
Published: October 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We woke this morning and looked out our balcony windows, fog. A heavy marine layer as the captain calls it. We were scheduled to tour Acadia National Park, visit some lighthouses, and have a lobster lunch. We had breakfast and went to the theater to await our tour group's call. Soon the captain spoke over the public address system, and informed us that the marine layer may lift in the next hour as it warms up. So we waited. After an hour he came back on the PA and said that the marine layer was not lifting , but would give it another hour. At noon, he called it. No tendering to shore today, we might get there if the fog lifted, but if the fog came back it was too dangerous to send the tenders to retrieve us, and we would be stuck ashore. We were disappointed that we could not go ashore and do the excursions we had planned. Instead we had lunch in the buffet and went back to bed and had a big nap. Soon the ship was moving toward our next destination, Saint John, Nova Scotia. The ship rocked and rolled again all night and the fog horn sounded.... I don't think we noticed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb