New Orleans


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » New Orleans
November 2nd 2012
Published: November 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Statue of Andrew JacksonStatue of Andrew JacksonStatue of Andrew Jackson

Ian in front of the statue, with a historic catholic church in the background
SO, had an unevenful flight here, with a 2 or so hour stop over in Dallas. Luggage arrived in New Orlenes intact which was very nice.

We found our little VRBO, its a cute little suite, that is about 10 ft across and 30 feet long, its in a very old building, probably slave quarters or something from hundreds of years ago. We dropped our gear and went on to Bourbon street, which is the main street in the French Quarter. Lots of peeps out, all the bars and restaurants trying to bring business in from the street. Offering, "no cover, and 3 for 1 drinks!" ( I can think of a few people who might enjoy that )

We were hungry so found a restaurant with balcony dining, slammed a few beer and had the best damn catfish we've ever had. We were so beat from the day that we stumbled back to our suite and had a great sleep. I even got some beads thrown down to me from someone on a balcony and didnt even have to flash anyone for them lol.

So far today we went to the greasy spoon for some breaky, then
New OrleansNew OrleansNew Orleans

Karen and Andrew Jackson
hiked for hours to find a grocery store where we bought a few groceries.

We are trying to upload pictures as we go, but are new to this blogging experience. If you see a picture, and click on it, it will bring up other ones if we put more than one up.

Over and out for now...Karen


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Andrew, Ian and KarenAndrew, Ian and Karen
Andrew, Ian and Karen

both of us taken by a nice lady. M.useum on left
bird in flightbird in flight
bird in flight

caught all these birds in the birdbath, then one flew out just as i took the picture


3rd November 2012

Wonderful photos
Thanks Karen. I appreciate your blog. You gave excellent directions. Lots of Love to you both. ( Simone sent her wishes to you via my email)
3rd November 2012

Narleans
Hi Mom Glad you are able to view the blog. Stay tuned as we post more photos today. We are new to this and we are learning how to use it. Ian
2nd December 2012

I visited New Orleans
Back in 2001. I took a train to Atlanta and back. My layover in New Orleands was about 16 hours each direction. I stayed in a hotel near Bourbon street on the way there, on the way back I camped out in the train station. I did walk around the city, though. Beautiful - but it was also before Hurricane Katrina. I am reading through your blog in Chronilogical order, so I shall see where you head, next!

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb