Swamp Thing


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » New Orleans
January 10th 2010
Published: January 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Swamp Thing 109 secs
We're back again! Internet at last. No, we didn't get eaten by alligators although we even touched one! But he, Al, just enjoyed the warmth of our hands. If he could of, he would of purred whilst being stroked and passed around from all the tourists crying “aaah, how cute!”
We had found an interesting brochure that morning in our Motel. Instead of getting to New Orleans a day to early, we decided to hop aboard the Swamp Thing. Again, we had beautiful weather around 50°F, sunshine and not a cloud in sight. But the alligators are cold blooded, like women as our guide told us. So they stayed in their hibernation and didn't care if some stupid tourist had payed 30 $ to see them, no way were they going out in the freezing cold! But we got a sleepy little Al passed around, hugged and smooched and taken pictures with. He seemed pretty happy with his job in the tourist branch. We passed ancient burial grounds used by Indians, French and Spanish, as well as the plantation a part of Interview with a Vampire was filmed. Louis and Lestat weren't at home though. So we spent two hours in the swamp between the brilliantly green vegetation, the crooked trees, floating on the dark water with great gray herons and pelicans swooshing by. Our guide chatted on about his childhood and life in the swamp, he really knew his way around this water maze and navigated us through safely.
The rest of the day we drove around the coast and down to lands end, Venice. It was pretty boring though, most of the coast was just used for industry. All there was to see were dodgy oyster bars and caravans with signs saying “Candy's home” in pink letters.



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0722s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb