Day 35 - Contiki Day 13


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » New Orleans
August 4th 2009
Published: August 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

New OrleansNew OrleansNew Orleans

Bahahaha
Went to bed by about 5:30am, was quite prepared to sleep in until Laurens decides she cant sleep and knocks on our door at 9:30. Went to get out of the bed to open the door only to remember that i had wreaked my knee only a few hours earlier.
We eventually, got up, had a shower and we stumbled out to Burger King for brunch. Waited in line for 20minutes and still didnt learn my lesson that spicey food and hangovers DO NOT go well together!! They guys were gonna get on the cable car to go to the French Quarter and i was gonna join them then decided that i should do something about my knee as i actually couldnt walk properly.
I went back to the room to sit with Marnee and Scott got some ice for me. I iced my knee for about 3hrs then it was time to go out to the swamp for our airboat swamp tour.
We went on this airboat and he took out on the smell swamp in search of alligators. We found some. Found alot of baby ones, the guy even caught one so we could have a hold. He then
New OrleansNew OrleansNew Orleans

New Orleans Police Dept.
found a bigger one and managed to get it over to the edge of the boat and gave it a scratch under the chin. FYI, alligators love marshmallows!

We got back back to the hotel and got cleaned up to go to Bubba Gump Shrimp for dinner. I had fish and chips. First time in about 3 wks. So good.

After we headed back to Bourban Street. Had some farewell drinks as half of our tour was leaving and we were getting new people.
We also said goodbye to Scott who wasnt supposed to be leaving our tour. It was all very sad.
We headed back to the hotel, packed up our stuff and headed to bed, some how, by this time it was already about 3:30am.



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

New Orleans - Swamp TourNew Orleans - Swamp Tour
New Orleans - Swamp Tour

Albino Alligator
New Orleans - Swamp TourNew Orleans - Swamp Tour
New Orleans - Swamp Tour

Holding a baby alligator
New Orleans - Swamp TourNew Orleans - Swamp Tour
New Orleans - Swamp Tour

back on dry, alligator free land...almost!


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb