vacation from vacation: sound tough enough?/recovered


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Louisiana » New Orleans
April 21st 2007
Published: August 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

i was talked into taking a cruise by my buddy, ernie. i know, i never thought that would happen either. but it did. in fact, i had a good time though i find it difficult to walk at the moment.

no i did not have an accident, unless you count running into the buffet table (over and over and over, etc.)! i got my monies(sp) worth by eating more food than i considered possible ;a big thanks goes out to crazy cruizers patrick and tiffany for telling me that i can order as many starters, entrees and desserts as i like. it pays to make new friends. i had at least two main courses per meal and sometimes three. on night two, it amounted to nothing more than surf and turf; a lobster along with a new york steak.

after all that eating, i will be glad to get back to work on my dad's new home. he got water while i was away and electricity one week ago. so the home is now up and running. we only had one room left to floor when i left and if the dad got it leveled then it will be easy to finish.

back to the cruise. i also enjoyed the entertainment. there was a broadway show and a couple of comedians that kicked butt. i would have been bothered by the cheesy cruiseship games had it not been for the, are you ready?, BUFFET!!!!! ernies' karaoke was even OK because it was followed by a you know what.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1003.4kb