RIHLA #23


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois
April 15th 2013
Published: April 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Salutations my kitten bats!

My life has gotten very hectic now. It is nothing but SCHOOL, SCHOOL, SCHOOL. I take my studies very seriously and throughly; therefore, there is little time in the day to even stop and breathe. That is okay though because I am used to it: life will just keep moving forward if you stop and rest. Now...ONWARD TO LEARNING!



Unbeknownst to many, there are actual independent Native American nations within the US boarder. I was astonished when I first heard of it. Independent nations within the US unknown to most of the general public? Absolutely insane.

Apparently, the Native Americans are allowed to remain independent nations based off of treaties that were created during the revolutionary war. That's almost 200 years ago. The main questions is where or not the government should still adhere to those treaties today. I cannot give a definitive answer as to which side I stand on: stick with the treaties or abolish them. I'm leaning towards or. Yes, they should take away the treaties because the Native Americas are abusing their independency by creating casinos that just rank in profit; however, the colonists did treat the Native Americans bad after the revolutionary war and took away their land. I believe that some sort of compromise should be made that allows some of the treaty to still function today and other parts that will not.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb