A6, RIHLA #13


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois
December 17th 2012
Published: December 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

RIHLA #13
1. How is Hind Ahmas' veil different from other Muslim veils? Ahmas' veil is different from the other veils because the Niqab is a head-to-toe veil that has a slit for the eyes. This is the one of the most concealing veils. Other veils cover from head-to-toe or only hair.

2. Why is Ahmas unable to wear her veil? How does she feel about this? Ahmas can't wear her veil because France passed a law that prohibits women to wear veils that conceal their face. Ahmas highly dislikes this law, she says that this law has made her life miserable.

3. Defenders of law (those who support it), have 2 major reasons for their support. What are they? Defenders of law say that allowing people to hide their face in public prevents them from participating in society. Also, defender say that this law enables crime.

4. Do YOU think that a government should be able to decide what constitutes female oppression? Why or why not?I don't think that government has that right to decide what constitutes female oppression because everyone has a different level of dedication to the mosque. I think a women should be able to wear what she wants without getting into trouble with the law.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb