Hurricane Sandy


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois
November 13th 2012
Published: November 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I'm not to sure as to how I can really relate this to anything going on in class because we havnt really talked about natural disasters or how to really to compare it to anything since were are talking about the begining of Rome and how it started to prosper and not more or less begin to fall apart.

Something I thought was interesting was that who thought that something like this that never happens, on the east coast anyways, would. That as fast as it came would change hundreds of lives and even take a few. Espeacially in New York. Things like this you just would expect to happen. When you read read some of the facts about the storm it just really amazes you I honestly did not think the storm was that bad until i read this article. Estimated of 7.5 million people on the eastern seaboard lost power, winds of 80mph, and dangerous flood tides as tall as 13ft tall(National Hurrican Center). With a result of atleast 16 deaths within the seven states.

To me makes me wonder like what makes Chicago any safer? New York has never had a hurricane before and the first they have being that bad? Like anything can happen. I would aslo like to know what people where doing with streets flooded and no electricity because I can't go a few hours without eating so what were they doing to keep their food cold.

Link to article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/hurricane-sandy-causes-evacuations-closings-throughout-east-coast/2012/10/29/8eac52ba-2162-11e2-8448-81b1ce7d6978_story.html









Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0714s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb