Polynesian Culture Center


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu
January 30th 2023
Published: January 31st 2023
Edit Blog Post

Another rainy day in Oahu. Breakfast at our hotel club was good again today. Spam and rice sushi was Pedro's favorite this morning. We had a quick dip in the hot tub. It was cool and there was a heavy mist, close to a drizzle. If you are from cold areas of the country it was still a good hot tub day. Heidi Uber picked us up today. We headed back to the base and got our base passes. It was kind of like going to the DMV to get a license. Pick a number. Fill in the form. Wait until called. Turn in the form. Wait for background check. Get picture taken. Get finger printed. Wait again for the printed pass. It took about 1.5 hours. Parking lot had signs limiting parking to 1 hour. Sign inside said wait times 2 to 3 hours. It went about as expected as far as waiting and process. We had lunch and then we drove to the other side of the island to the Polynesian center. We had a good time going to the different islands and learning about the culture. We got to throw a spear, go fishing, paddle a canoe, eat coconut and eat poi. We saw several shows. The rain came down several times. We were in the canoe one of the times and got really wet. Shortly after the sun finally came out and we were quickly dried off and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon. We drove back to the base and had dinner with Uber Todd rather than going to the luau. Time with Uber Todd is limited because of his work. It was another fun day of learning and activities.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

22nd anniversary in 2023 on the 24th22nd anniversary in 2023 on the 24th
22nd anniversary in 2023 on the 24th

Bonus for the sequence of 22,23, and 24?


Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb