Pearl Harbor Memorial


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu » Waikiki
June 14th 2007
Published: June 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Eddie and I went and visited the Pearl Harbor Memorial. It was pretty interesting. We got lost and on the way there Eddie tried climbing up a tree in hopes to obtain some coconuts but to no avail. We went to the memorial and it is quite interesting. The memorial floats on the remains of the U.S.S Arizona, which you can see through the waters of the harbor. Not only that but you can also see oil floating on the top of the water in some spots. It was kind of a massive day, only because it was quite a breathtaking sight. I am sure that the Twin-Tower memorial will have a very similar effect. After spending about 2-3 hours here we left. This post is short and only because I am not sure how to recreate the scene. There is not much to tell to be honest except to show pictures of the memorial itself.

After that we went swimming. Aye, swimming. Actually, as we were swimming, a sea turtle poked its head through the water about 15 feet away from me. It was pretty cool. Eddie and I walked home and then all of us went out to a bar. It was cool, local beers and pitchers were $5 even. It was sweet. I met some of Jesse's friends and what not, it was quite nice. That's it for this day, check out the pictures.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1005.3kb