Kym n Nik's Hawaiian Honeymoon


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu » Waikiki
September 30th 2017
Published: October 3rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Day 2

Sleep in til 10am, coffee on our lanai with a paste like substance I like to call breakfast (quinoa flakes with sesame).. quick dip in pool, walk to the beach via cutting through a hotel... pretty sure they would have no idea of you were a guest or not if you decided to swim in their pool *note to self if we book accomdation without a pool.. use anothers hotels pool.

A number of people recommend the food at the Cheesecake Factory and it didnt dissapoint. It was delicious and filling.... and ill be back for more cheescake before we go for sure! We shared a cocktail served in a pineapple with 3 different rums .. mmm... Rum ?

Walk back to hotel to get ready to catch the local bus to the Aloha Stadium to watch the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors vs Colorado State in a college football game. Local bus is easy to navigate and $2.50 per person.. The game wasnt as packed as the NFL Jets game 6 years ago but it was still entertaining. For anyone wanting to watch the game, a little tip.. buy The cheapest tickets and sit wherever you like.. its not packed and no one seemed to care as long as you weren't sitting in their seats. The Tailgating parties in the car park were a site and I'm pretty sure some people didn't even go inside to watch the game. People rock up around 2pm (game at 6pm) with literally trailers of food including bbqs , tents and ensuites. A few seemed to continue to tailgate party way after the game had finished too.. Cray cray.. but who is up for a tailgating party when we get back in some random carpark for no reason (Kym's idea)? ?

Although the game itself wasn't packed it still had all of the things that give a great atmosphere .. cheerleaders, full band with tubas and trombones, baton twirlers, kiss cam, lame commercial spruiks, overpriced beer and hotdogs... going to a football game is certainly an experienceand a half. ?

During the game Malibu had a promo game on.. free stuff to be won! A Malibu flavoured lip balm and cell phone fan and Nik's a happy camper ?

Top this with Taco Bell (and yes I grabbed a bucket load of Taco Bell Sauce) and my night is made. Local bus to Walmart (got to love 24 hour a day shopping!) And we got stuck in the Halloween section.. so much cool stuff, we seriously need to buy suitcases and bring it home with us!! Back at the hotel 130am, exhausted!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb