Day 3 in Paradise - Honolulu


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu » Honolulu
May 6th 2012
Published: June 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 21.3069, -157.858

When we got up this morning we could see Waikiki from the verandah. It was a nice morning, the sun was just coming up and there was a mist in the air. We watched the ship sail along Waikiki Beach before docking near Aloha Tower.

Our shore excursion met at 8:30 so we headed up to breakfast around 7:45. We ate in Beach Blanket Buffet again because it is easy.

We then met our shore excursion at Studio Sea before heading out to vans that would take us to our waterfall hike. We drove to the mountains above Kaneohe where we parked near a golf course and Presbyterian church and began our hike through the rainforest.

The hike was a little more strenuous than we had all expected it to be and the trail was very muddy but we had a great time hiking to a nice waterfall.

After the hike, we went back to the ship where we were planning on grabbing lunch before heading to Pearl Harbor. As we got on the ship Nikki and I were stopped by the local news channel who were interviewing people about the Disney Cruise ship's first arrival in Hawaii. We don't get local channels so we don't know if we will be on but, if anyone sees us, let us know.

We grabbed lunch at Pluto's Dog House and Goofy's Galley before heading back out to Honolulu. We grabbed a cab and they took us to Pearl Harbor.

We arrived around 1:30 and our tickets were for 2:30 so the timing was great. We spent the next hour looking at the museums that are around the harbor. Then we went to see the film and take the boat out to the memorial.

After our tour, we hopped in another cab and went to Hilo Hattie for some souvenir shopping. Then we took the free shuttle from the store to cruise ship where we made it to dinner just in time.

Dinner tonight was in Animator's Palate and was another Hawaiian Themed Night. So far, I think that this was the best menu of any of the themed night we've had.

Nikki and I took our walk around the ship, Kelsie went to hang out in the club and Regan went to work out. Then Nikki and Regan went to Wavebands to see the band perform.

Tomorrow is our last day in Hawaii at our favorite island, Kauai.

Dinner
Ric: Pineapple with shrimp and lobster, chilled pineapple soup, tempura vegetables, chicken sausage and pineapple upside down cake
Nikki: Pineapple with shrimp and lobster, chilled pineapple soup, veal and ice cream
Regan: Conch fritters, salad, flank steak and ice cream
Kelsie: Conch fritters, salad, tempura vegetables and passion fruit cheesecake

Advertisement



Tot: 0.266s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb