Day 2 in Paradise - Maui


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Maui
May 5th 2012
Published: June 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 20.8947, -156.465

The ship arrived in Maui at about 6:45 and the ship was cleared by 7:20. We met the girls in Beach Blanket Buffet at 7:00 and got off the ship by 7:30.

We met Bryan Miner, our private guide, and Tonda, our private photographer, right off the ship. We loaded in his van and headed toward Hana. The road winds along the north east side of the island through the rain forest.

We stopped and saw many waterfalls and scenery as we drove along. We stopped at a Black Sand Beach and girls went swimming in a spring fed cave. All that was before lunch. We stopped in Hana for lunch where we ate at a restaurant called the Hana Ranch Restaurant. After lunch, we went swimming at the beach in Hana.

After the beach we got back in the van and drove along the east shore of the island toward the south east end. As we passed onto the south end of the island we saw the impact of the different climates that occur on Maui. The landscape is very dry and flat with no trees at all. After driving for quite a while along the southern shore we cut up through the middle of the island back toward Kahalui.

Bryan and Tonda dropped us off at the ship. We got back on and headed straight to dinner. It was another Hawaiian Themed dinner night. There was no nighttime show tonight so we all decided to turn in early.

The weather was perfect today, not too hot and sunny most of the day. We look forward to Oahu tomorrow.

Dinner:
Ric: Beef turnovers, pear salad, chicken cordon bleu and sweet temptations
Nikki: skipped dinner again
Regan: Beef turnovers, pear salad, chicken cordon bleu and sweet temptations
Kelsie: dried beef and melons, pear salad, chicken cordon bleu and sweet temptation


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0257s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb