Water Slides, Swimming in Pools, at the Beach, and MonkeyPod


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Kapolei
March 20th 2023
Published: March 21st 2023
Edit Blog Post

As to be expected, we were woken up at 4 am by the 3 little darlings. The time change adjustment and being up early allowed Steve and Tory to work out at the fitness center while Susie and Geroge stayed with the kids. We had breakfast from Ulu Cafe and made it to the pool by 8:00 when the waterslide opened. We were rewarded for our early morning efforts with short lines on the super fun water slides that included a tube slide and a tunnel slide, where you rode down on your back in a pitch-dark tunnel. The tube slide was not as scary so Rosie and Vivian were both fine riding on it with their own tube after riding down in a double tube with Steve. Nathan quickly found the tunnel to be exciting, and soon Rosie rode down it having a blast by being a brave girl. Tory decided to have Vivian try it, much to Steve's horror, as he imagined in shock his 4-year-old baby girl being scared going through a dark tunnel water slide for 15 seconds. Steve ended up being over-worried and she loved it! There was time for some pool swimming and then the kids went with Nana to do a Scavenger Hunt at the resort using an iPad that wasn't working properly.

We had lunch in the room together and then Everyone went back down to the beach area and played with boogie boards and sand toys. Rosie and Vivian took turns standing on their boogie boards and Nathan helped mix the dry sand with ocean water to make "concrete." We went back to the pool area, where Grandpa was saving our seats, and went around the lazy river a few more times. Then, everyone headed back to the room to get cleaned up before heading to Monkeypod for dinner. We were able to great and take a photo session with Minnie and then Mickey first, then made the walk to the nearby restaurant where the kids enjoyed crossing and walking on the railroad tracks. Dinner was delicious that included pizza for the kids, fish for the adults, and the first of many celebrations of Nathan's birthday this week. It was a full water day so everyone was pretty tired, as we went back to the resort for a good night's sleep for everyone. An early 6:30pm bedtime for Rosie and Vivian, while Nathan did some schoolwork before going to bed shortly after. Tory took the time to make a grocery run to Safeway so we had food for the rest of the week.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.369s; Tpl: 0.031s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1765s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb