About Us -The girls from GA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia
May 25th 2010
Published: May 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We are a group of 5 women travelling to Morocco to volunteer for 2 weeks. Here is a little bit about the girls who live in Georgia...

Keisha Cameron is a wife and mother of 3 young boys. She owns and operates Zion Technologies, a brand marketing and IT firm based in the Metro-Atlanta area. Having spent nearly a decade as an active community leader, serving on non-profit boards and passionately serving others, international and multicultural affairs are nearest and dearest to her heart. Her experiences assisting refugees and building bridges of communication and cooperation between people have been some of her most rewarding experiences. As a result, Keisha is currently a returning college student, pursuing a degree in Intercultural Communication with long range plans to create programs designed to engage others in fun multicultural learning events and opportunities. Even with her passion for learning of other cultures and for helping others, Keisha has yet to travel outside of North America and is eager to take in as much of Morocco as she can, while giving back to those that she meets there. She often remarks that “the sign of a life well lived is evident in the relationships we leave behind.” Keisha hopes to do create meaningful relationships with those she meets all across the globe.

Sucheta Rawal at 30, is an Alumni of CCS. She took a volunteer vacation trip to Russia last year and has inspired three other friends to join her this year to Morocco. Sucheta is originally from India and came to the US for higher education. She works as a strategy consultant and freelance writer. She has taught cooking classes in the Atlanta area & is sort of proficient in 5 languages. Her social work started at an early age & continued through her college & professional lives. She has volunteered for Southern Center for International Studies, Refugee Family Services, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Community Consulting Teams & a number of other organizations. Her interests include cooking, international travel, meeting people & writing.

Leslie is 27 years old, originally from Washington State, married to a Soldier in the Army, and stationed at Fort Benning, GA. She has always wanted to Volunteer Internationally and decided now was a great time. She chose Morocco because she wanted to go to Africa, and this was the only program that 3 weeks was not required, also she has heard great things about the country. She is interested in volunteering because it’s in her nature to want to help people, and she loves learning about different cultures and meeting people from all over.

To sponsor, please go to the CCS website at http://www.crossculturalsolutions.org/resources/sponsors/sponsor-a-volunteer.aspx, and enter the volunteer’s name.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0203s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb