To Boldly Go


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida
May 20th 2013
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 28.4094, -81.4621

First full day in Orlando today. Good nights sleep last night. We awake to a slightly overcast sky and the local weather channel predicts some heavy rain & thunderstorms from around lunchtime. In view of this we slightly curtail our plans and decide to head to Seaworld and then go to the movies this afternoon. If it's raining outside I'd rather be inside.

We head to Seaworld, via Denny's, where the skies are blue and the temperatures are soaring. Could the weatherman have got it wrong? We stroll around the park visiting the Dolphins, Sealions, Manatees, Turtles and other assorted marine life. We venture onto the giant roller-coaster Kraken and the water ride Journey to Atlantis. We head to the Dolphin Theatre for the dolphin show Blue Horizons.

We leave the park and grab some lunch before heading to the AMC Theatre at Downtown Disney to see Star Trek - Into Darkness. I wanted to see it before we came on holiday but it only opened the day before we left. We both really enjoyed it.

As we exited the theatre we could see that the weather had changed dramatically. People outside were running for cover as the rain was falling horizontally, whipped up by some strong winds. We hung back as we know we would get drenched even on the short distance to the car. The rain soon petered out to a soft drizzle and so we ventured out to the car. The sky to the east was pitch black and we could see flashes of lightening underneath the clouds. We had dinner at Chevy's Mexican restaurant (huge portions, should have shared, don't think will ever learn).

We stopped off at the Premium Outlet Mall where I got a nice pair of Ray Bans Sunglasses a lot cheaper than I would have paid in the UK.

We head back to the villa around 9pm and spend the evening watching TV and chilling with some wine. Another lovely day in Florida.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb