The Last Day at Sea


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida
May 18th 2013
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 26.1228, -80.1505

I awake feeling refreshed and ready for another day at sea. Peter fetches the customary early morning coffee. I have no idea where he gets it from...it just appears, and I am grateful.

We have breakfast at Johnny Rockets again as we enjoyed it yesterday. We then gather our things and head to the pool deck. After what looks like some early morning showers the sky is clear and the sun is beating down as people arrive up top to claim their sunbeds. We get 2 near one of the bars where there is a cool breeze blowing. I listen to some music on my iPod and Peter does the same. Mine is Movie Soundtracks (the works of Michael Nyman being a particular fave). I would put my bottom dollar that Peter is listening to either, Girls Aloud, Cheryl Cole or Kylie, possibly Adele. After an hour and a half we go back to our cabin, very aware of how hot the tropical sun can be on our fair, Northern European skin.

We have to start thinking about packing our cases for departure tomorrow but decide to leave that till later in the day. It's after noon so must be time for food again, Johnny Rockets again. We head back to the pool deck for some afternoon sun but at this time of the day it is just far too hot for us and we only manage about 20 minutes. We retire to a more shaded spot for a while. We both have a cruise favorite drink. Lava Flows. Mine is Mango and Peters is Strawberry. One of the ships Calypso Bands starts up quite close to us and even drowns out the music on our noise cancelling earphones and so we head back to our cabin. We snooze for a while before waking and start to pack. We don't take as much care as we did back in Manchester and are soon both cursing as the clothes won't fit in. Once done we shower and dress for dinner.

We meet up with Joyce et al for drinks in the Diamond Lounge before saying goodbye as we most likely wont see them in the morning. We have a glass of wine in Vintages and then head to the Samba Grill for dinner. It's a Brazilian Style Steakhouse and we are a little unsure as to what to expect. There is a little light display on the table that changes colour at the click of a switch. White for starters. When we are ready for main course we change to green, if we require a breather at any time (we do) we can change to red. When ready for dessert we change back to white. Starter is Buffet style and there is an excellent choice. There is an endless supply of meats when we start on the mains. Pork, chicken, sausages and half a dozen varieties of beef from Sirloin, Rump, Flank and Skirting to Filet Mignon, all excellent. Peter is a bit of a Jack Sprat and can eat no fat whilst I think it give the meat more flavour. We are truly stuffed by dessert and round it all off with a nice coffee.

One last flutter at the casino (where we again almost double our stake) before heading to our cabin.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.265s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb