Completion of the Race


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida
September 9th 2015
Published: September 9th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Alabama BellesAlabama BellesAlabama Belles

Fairhope, Alabama Belles posing with Don at the finish!
Four days later and 2500 nautical miles- we crossed the finish line in Fairhope, Alabama!!!

The race route was: Fredericksburg, Va., Morganton, North Carolina, Hickory, North Carolina,Connellsville, Pa., Jeffersonville, Ind., Kalamazoo, Mich., Lawrenceville, Ill.,Kirksville, Mo.,Union City, Tenn., Gadsen, Ala., and, Fairhope, Ala.

Thank you to all the wonderful volunteers at all the stops that made the race go so smoothly. Thank you to all the volunteers that make the air race: mechanics, timers, safety reps., and the committee that worked with the FAA to obtain the necessary waivers for the race. What an enormous undertaking!

We finished the race and had a wonderful time along the way. Notwithstanding, mechanical problems slowed us down the first day. Good mechanics along the route helped us along, wonderful folks in Connellsville, , Pa., hosted us for a night, great masseuse in Hickory, North Carolina, massaged the stress from our necks, yummy banquet in Union City, Tenn., made us feel honored and special, great Bar b que in Fairhope , followed by an awesome banquet the following evening, which reminded us how much we were going to miss the fun, excitement and camraderie of this amazing group of women.

After flying
Connellsville, Pa.Connellsville, Pa.Connellsville, Pa.

Warm hospitality and comfortable beds. Thank you!
in this incredible air race, and thinking back to all the women who flew all the years before us, we were both honored to be able to participate in this great race!



Thank you all for following along, even though the blogs were slow to be published!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Florida AeroClubFlorida AeroClub
Florida AeroClub

Receiving a certificate from Mike Punziano, for our talk on the 2015 Air Race Classic


Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1145s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb