St. Augustine, Florida


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida
September 4th 2013
Published: September 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

After an easy drive across Florida (okay easy from the passenger seat at least!) we spent the first night of our motor coach adventure in St. Augustine, Florida. Neither of us had ever visited and we were both very impressed with what we found. The vicinity of St. Augustine was first explored in 1513 by Spanish explorer and governor of Puerto Rico, Juan Ponce de Leon, who claimed the region for the Spanish crown. Spanish influence is evident throughout the city. We enjoyed a delicious Spanish dinner at traditional restaurant after strolling the city by foot. The next morning before departure, we took a stroll on the beach, noticing how much different the sand is on the Atlantic side of Florida, and shared a nice breakfast. Fritz and Stella are acclimating well. Stella sat up on Ralf's lap for the first part of the drive until they both retreated underneath my seat for the rest of the drive. On the road again....


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

St AugustineSt Augustine
St Augustine

Ducks teasing the kitties outside the coach
St AugustineSt Augustine
St Augustine

Stella Checking out her new view
St AugustineSt Augustine
St Augustine

This poor little frog and 3 of it's siblings were sadly hiding in the mirror while we were driving down the highway. Needless to say, one by one they found their way onto the open road!
St AugustineSt Augustine
St Augustine

Dinner spot
St AugustineSt Augustine
St Augustine

Dinner Spot
St AugustineSt Augustine
St Augustine

Beach Pier
St AugustineSt Augustine
St Augustine

On the road again


Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0717s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.3mb