Ochlockonee SP


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida
November 30th 1999
Published: February 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Ochlockonee SP


A wise traveler never despises his own country.” - Carlo Goldoni


They just wonder what is going on!!!!


January 29, 2010, Friday The Suwannee River SP to St. Mark’s National Wildlife Refuge and on to Ochlochonee SP
Along the way we stopped at St. Mark’s National Wildlife Refuge, and drove out to the Lighthouse. It didn’t seem to be open, but there was a trail nearby and walked enjoying the wildlife. The bird sightings were incredible…the bald eagle, coots, and many others. Recently the Whooping Cranes have followed an ultra-light aircraft to a remote area here, and have been re-introduced in this environment…time will tell how its works out.
We continued onto Ochlockonee SP. The Ochlockonee River meets the Dead River and this area is popular with anglers.

January 30, 2010, Saturday Ochlockonee SP FL
We had quite a storm overnight, but it seems the folks up north got lots of snow. So we won’t complain.
After some shopping, we visited the local library to use the internet. Then onto Tallahassee/St Mark’s Historic Railroad State Biking/walking Trail. We biked this lovely trail for a few hours…paved, mostly shady and scenic…NICE.

January 31, 2010, Sunday, Ochlockonee, SP to St. George Island SP, FL
Bob has a quest to visit the Lighthouses in Fl, so we stopped at the small Crooked River Lighthouse, built in 1893.
St. George Island is 9 miles of undeveloped beaches and dunes surrounded by the Gulf of Mexico and Apalachicola Bay, a lovely setting. There are several decent hiking areas and lots of biking possibilities. Our first stop was out to the ocean, it is still there!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0209s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb