Zurich and Basel Switzerland


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida
August 28th 2019
Published: August 28th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Zurich Switzerland and enjoyed the local culture. We decided to train from the airport to the local city center train hub which was great. Cindy and I had a wonderful dinner at a local fondue restaurant , Swiss Chuchi ,and explored the city. Our hotel was in a fantastic location and looked just like the picture I viewed on line. Note to self, when in Europe always check to make sure the hotel has air conditioning. This one did not. LOL We headed to Basel Switzerland by train on Tuesday am to explore the city and board our longboat ship Sigyn for our river cruise. Basel Switzerland has a great history. Founded by the Celts before Christ in 40AD followed by the Romans. Looking at buildingsā€˜ with beautiful flowers, churches, and bridges that were built in late 1200 or early 1300 was so cool. Basil university sits pretty with a view of the Rhine . There is very little air conditioning so the people in Basel have a very interesting way of staying cool. They use a waterproof bag to put their belongings in and get into the river to float down holding the dry bag for about a mile then get out and walk back to do it again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb