Black Forest, Breisach Germany,and Strasbourg France


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Naples
August 29th 2019
Published: August 30th 2019
Edit Blog Post

What a great first couple days on our ship. The ship we are on is brand new launched in 2019 and our room is perfect. The ship has a top deck with an herb garden, putting green and lots of seating. The second floor has a very nice bar are with additional seating in front of the ship. The 1st level has a dining area both inside and out along with a reception area, coffee and bakery stations, and a small library and gift shop. Everyone has been super accommodating and the staff of 52 is great. We have 190 passengers on this ship.

Most days we travel all night down the Rhine river then depart in the am after an early breakfast for local day trips.



Our first stop on Wednesday was in the Black Forest off the Rhine river. So many beautiful small towns on our way up into the Black Woods. The Black Forest is known for making cuckoo clocks and Black Forest cakes. In the afternoon we visited a town called Breisach Germany.

Thursday am we spent the am in Strasbourg France along the Rhine. Old Strasbourg was so beautiful and old. We toured Norte Dame cathedral. We learned there are 52 Norte Dame cathedrals in France.The Cathedral was part of the Monuments Men movie where the stained glass made in the 1300 in the church was take from the church and hidden from the Nazi during WW11. After the war the glass was found in a salt mine and returned to the church .

Thursday afternoon we visited a local winery in the Alsace region of France called Zeyssolff which has been in the family for 11 generations. The Oak barrels used to store the wine were 150 years old. They produce 80,000 barrels of wine harvesting 25 acres. The region produces mostly wine wine.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



30th August 2019

Looking good you guys!
Looks so fun! Love the cuckoo clocks! Did ya buy one?
30th August 2019

Cuckoo clock
We did not buy one but they were beautiful.

Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb